Sunday 6 January 2013

Creative Pay It Forward - Are you game?





Hello, Happy Sunday - I'm taking a quick break from cutting out my cape, I've finished the main fabric pieces and am on the interfacing.  I think I must be very slow, it takes me longer to cut it all out than the average sewing blogger seems to spend on a whole new garment!

My SiL posted this on Facebook yesterday:

"2013 Creative Pay it Forward.  The first five people to comment on this status will receive a handmade gift from me during 2013 whenever the creative mood strikes me, so make sure I have your address!  Let's be honest, it'll probably be cake!

The only catch - you have to make the same offer on your wall, and tag me as I'm tagging ..."

I'd heard of Pay It Forward Day, which is on 25th of April this year.  The aim is to inspire 5 million acts of kindness around the world.  But this is the first time I've come across the Creative version - I don't know if this is because I've been hiding under a rock or it's just a new idea.  Either way I think it's a lovely thing to do.

I'd love to take part in the 2013 Creative Pay It Forward - although I will definitely not be making cake!  Apart from anything else the logistics of posting it would defeat me!

My SiL and I would be appealing to the same small pool of crafters on Facebook, most of the family are not 'makers'.  So I'd like to make the offer here, the first five people to comment on this status will receive a handmade gift from me during 2013, you just need to make the same offer on your blog and pass the creativity on.  And let me have your address, of course!

Oh, and I'm on my SiL's list for a cake - happy days!


2 comments:

  1. Yay for cutting out your cape! I'm very slow at cutting out too, and it's probably my least favourite part of sewing.

    I'm game to join in with your Creative Pay It Forward. Sounds like fun.

    I've nominated you for a Liebster blog award - check my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sam - for both things! I have another Creative Pay it Forward volunteer on Facebook so have 2 of my 5, looking forward to surprising you both. And I've answered all your questions and passed it on :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment :)