I had a lovely message this week from Sally who had kindly sent me the an award. I discovered Sally's blog some months ago after she left a friendly comment. She lives surrounded by beautiful countryside in Northern Ireland and sewing is a real family affair with her daughters. Sally recently set up a dedicated sewing space so I'm sure she's going to be even more creative in the future. Sally does a lot of charity fundraising - another example of a generous sewing blogger :)
The rules of the awards are as follows:
Thank the person who nominated you.
Add The One Lovely Blog Award/Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
Share 7 things about yourself.
Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
Include this set of rules.
Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
Awards added - big tick
So, to the 7 things about myself. This is tricky to do but is the bit I love best when other people do it - I'm obviously very nosey! I previously wrote a similar list here so I have tried not to duplicate, here goes ...
- I'm known for being terrible at giving directions. Left and Right are a challenge so I work on compass points - this is perfect as long as people understand that the direction I'm facing is always North, absolutely always!
- Jane Austen is one of my favourite authors - I've loved her books since I was a teenager (that is a very long time ago!). I love the language and the humour. I admire all she accomplished as a woman in the 18th century
- My OH paid for me to see a colour consultant some years ago, to boost my confidence. Apparently my 'red carpet colour' is burnt orange. If I ever get invited to the Oscars I'm good to go! This has actually helped enormously with the choices I make about fabric and patterns. I still don't enjoy clothes shopping but it's easier
- The question "What time is it?" will always receive a response of "4:30" from my family. This is because we're Spin Doctors fans. This makes us laugh every time but I appreciate it's not much use if you actually need to know the time - might be best to ask someone else!
- I drink Earl Grey tea (no milk, sugar or lemon) and at the weekends I like 2 cups with a more leisurely breakfast. A '2 cup' day is always a good day
- My family all have super hero names (this is in addition to the Star Wars ones!). These are based on character traits - I am The Organiser, my husband is Spatial Awareness Man - particularly handy skill when we're packing the car for camping or buying flat pack furniture! I won't tell you the others - my family may not forgive me!
- My husband tells me I'm the love of his life - I am bemused and thankful that this is what he thinks :)
Also, I can't always tell if people have had the award before so I'm going to list 10 that I turn to when I am particularly looking for inspiration and not worry about the finer points about whether the blogger in question is a previous recipient. These are just some that make me go 'yes!' when I see a new post...
- Attic 24 - Lucy's blog is so inspirational, it's my 'go to' place for crochet. I've followed several of her patterns. She's a generous and talented blogger, just looking at her blog makes me feel calmer, the effect that crochet has on me. I wish I knew her in real life!
- A Little of What You Fancy - Sam is not only a creative person, her machine embroidery alone has inspired me to have a go, but I think of her as a friend and without her inspiring blog we wouldn't have met at all.
- Lladybird - Lauren is hilarious, very creative, madly productive and thrifty to boot. I feel a surge of joy when a new post pops up in my reader.
- Miss P - In addition to being very creative Portia is a very thoughtful blogger, I look forward to her considered posts on different topics.
- Sweetbeebuzzings - I only found Bethany relatively recently but her blog makes me laugh so much and she also makes beautiful bags. I'm swamped with projects but despite that am very tempted to join her bag sewalong.
- Scruffybadgertime - Winnie is hilarious, her photo shoots for sewalongs are legendary - I'm thinking Pyjama Party particularly. Beyond the fun she is very talented and her lapped zip tutorial is brilliant, went in like a charm, I'm never doing it any other way. I think there's a theme you know, sewers that make me laugh inspire me!
- Blue Elephant Stitches - I'm just starting to patchwork/quilt, Jolene is amazing. Just quietly, unassumingly amazing. I'm in awe of her designs.
- Cation Designs - Cindy makes dresses out of Star Wars bedsheets - I don't think any further explanation is required, she is my hero!
- Goodbye Valentino - Sarah is just all round inspiring, some of her makes during her year of not buying clothes were amazing. And she sews for her daughter - how's that for selfless. I love her stuff - so classy. I aspire to be as 'put together' as Sarah.
- House of Pinheiro - Have you seen Rachel? Who wouldn't be inspired by her creations? And she so generously shares her thought processes and design inspirations. A wonderful blog.
Please see all the marvellous folks I follow on Bloglovin - I should have that list up to date this week.
Right, off to comment on everyone's blog. Thanks again Sally for thinking of me